Saturday, June 16, 2012

Date 7: Spin the Wheel

The note: none

The envelope: Spin the Wheel - it landed on "her choice"

Amy:  This one is cheating a little bit.  My advisor had won an award and was giving a presentation at a banquet.  So we hired a babysitter and headed to the banquet.  Spencer doesn't know a whole lot about the technicalities of my research, but he at least got an overview of the type of work I do and got to meet some of my classmates.  Afterwards, we headed to a local frozen yogurt place for dessert.

Spencer: From what I remember, several of Amy's advisor's students attended the banquet to give him moral support and hear his speech.  I did not mind at all being there to support him, and although I am not earning a PhD in Environmental Engineering, I do have enough of a technical background to understand most of what he said... I think.  It was good learning about what my wife has been doing and will be doing, especially since I can now describe it better to people who ask (and, trust me, this happens fairly often).  

No comments:

Post a Comment