Thursday, February 9, 2012

Date 2: Spin the Wheel

The note:  none

The envelope:  Spin the wheel - it landed on "Video Games"

Spencer: This week was simple.  I spun the little wheel Amy made for me, and it landed on "video games."  Now, I have a decent number of video games to chose from.  Amy likes to watch me play sometimes, so finding one that she would play with me narrowed down the possibilities quite a bit.  On alternate Sunday nights we have been hosting a get-together with friends, and last Sunday we played a bunch of music games (Beatles Rock Band, etc.), so this week we decided to try a game we hadn't played in a while - Little Big Planet


Little Big Planet is a "platformer," a game where you control a little dude (a "sackboy") and make him jump onto different platforms to solve a puzzle.  You can also customize how he looks... or flirt with your wife by attaching cute buttons to her character. :D  We decided to try some levels that other players made, something we'd never tried before.  It was pretty fun, but certain levels can be either very easy (and boring) or impossibly hard (and... frustrating).  I think if we land on video games again, I would like to try a music-related or story-based game.

Amy:  I really enjoy Little Big Planet, but I have very little patience with it sometimes.  Spencer really likes to earn all of the trophies for each of his games, and we were able to earn some new trophies by completing sections that are meant for two players.  Some of the user-created levels were interesting (and some were not).


The wheel itself is from The Dating Divas and they have a printable so you can make your own, too.  Their version is prepared with velcro so that you trade activities in and out.  For us, I chose six activities to remain permanently.  Apparently, Spencer has been plotting what to do when we land on "his choice."

No comments:

Post a Comment