Saturday, February 18, 2012

Date 3: Word Date

The note: Let's be a little spontaneous!  This week's date will be planned around a word that you choose right now.  Make it a good one!  SHMILY!

The envelope:  Inside was another piece of paper with the following.

Word:
What will we...
...wear?
...eat?
...do?
...talk about?
Where will we go?
What about a treat?

Spencer: The basis of this one was to pick a word and use the letters in it to determine what our date was going to be like!  Amy and I have always had a word that, if you haven't noticed yet, we use with each other regularly.  SHMILY!  It is an acronym that means See How Much I Love You.  So, since this is a date night of ours, I chose SHMILY for the word!  It just happened to fit perfectly for the date!


What will we...
...wear?  Scarves
...eat?   Hotdogs
...do?  Music games
...talk about?  I spy
Where will we go?  A nearby town that starts with "L"
What about a treat?  Yogurt, frozen.


There were essentially two parts of this date.  For the first, we went out to a restaurant that we had never been to in a nearby town.  It was a small family-owned diner.  There were enough pictures and objects in the place that we had fun playing I Spy with each other, trying to stump each other!  We must have looked a little silly with the scarves on, but that's alright.  Afterwards, we went to 3 Spoons to get some frozen yogurt, then headed home and played SingStar (Queen edition), a karaoke game for the Playstation.  It was actually a rather fun date, and we could take our daughter with us, so that made it easier on us, too!

Amy:  To be honest, I don't remember where I got the idea of this date from, but I think it turned out really well!  It was a little hard to come up with each of the categories at first, but it wound up being a good combination of activities.  Wearing scarves was a little weird, especially since it wasn't that cold outside, but the family-owned restaurant we went to was one we'd never been to before.  The food wasn't anything special, but was good enough.  I have to admit that Spencer's hamburger was probably better than my chili dog.  Playing "I Spy" really put us in touch with our inner child and I think both of us are looking forward to when our daughter is old enough to play.  It worked out that we were able to make 3 Spoons, our favorite fro-yo place, a part of this date.  We like being able to pick our own combinations of frozen yogurt and toppings.  We also enjoyed playing SingStar: Queen after we put our daughter to bed.  I did all of the singing while Spencer played the guitar.  I think we even earned some trophies!




No comments:

Post a Comment